Effective Date: January 3, 2019
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
In order to access the Website, you must provide certain personal information to ensure you are eligible to access the Website and to set up an account. Specifically, you must provide your name, email address, password, job title and function, industry affiliation, phone and fax number, and mailing address. You can choose whether to provide additional information to us when you set up your account, including your company name, designated market area, and subscriber count.
We also collect personal information from you, including your name, email address, and phone number, when you contact us with questions or concerns regarding the Website or otherwise communicate with us.
2. AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED DATA
As is true of most websites, we may gather certain data automatically and store it in log files. This includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about the Website’s user base.
We and our service providers may employ a software technology called web beacons that help us better manage content on our Website by informing us on what content is effective. Web beacons allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Website and to analyze traffic to our Website. We also use web beacons in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our affiliate marketing campaigns.
3. HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to provide and improve the Website, to provide the content you request, and to communicate with you about Discovery content.
We may also use the information we collect to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity or activity that threatens the network, to enforce our policies and procedures, and to protect our rights and intellectual property as well as the rights of others using our Website.
4. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share the personal information we collect with third parties as follows:
- We provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as sending email communications on our behalf. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process,or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If Discovery is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may transfer your personal information as part of that transaction.
- We share your personal information with your consent or at your direction.
5. YOUR CHOICES
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of certain features on the Website.
If you are subscribed to receive email correspondence from us, you can click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe from those emails. You can also log in to your account to change your email preferences. If you opt out of our promotional emails, we will still send you technical and other service-related communications.
Updating your Personal Information
If you’d like us to update, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, or if you’d like to deactivate your account, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website may contain links to and advertisements for websites operated by third parties whose privacy practices may differ from ours. While we endeavor to associate only with reputable entities, Discovery is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites. We encourage you to check the privacy policies of all websites that you visit.
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Discovery operates the Website from servers located in the United States and the information it collects on and through affiliates is processed in servers in the United States and other countries. If you access the Website outside of the United States, you acknowledge that we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
9. CONTACT US